Tuesday, June 16, 2009

3rd Weekly Echo: 23 weeks

We had a new experience at the cardiologist today....we brought Jack. They were very accommodating and even had toys and a Dora DVD for Jack to watch while they did the echo. At one point Jack even laid down beside me to watch Dora while they scanned the baby. It was pretty funny!

Dr. Shanti was out today so we met with a new cardiologist, Dr. Chip Martin who we thought was great. He was super up beat and nicknamed Jack "Mr. Activity." Very fitting :)  He is a Cardiologist and a Neonatologist so he has more insight regarding her lung function when she is born. He recommended that if she is stable next week that both the baby and I receive a dose of betamethasone (steroid) which is used to stimulate lung maturation.  This was new information for us so it feels good to be doing something proactive for her.  He said her heart rate was at 43 today and that there were no signs of hydrops.

On a lighter, sweeter note, Jack is definitely beginning to understand that there is a baby in my tummy. Last night while we were reading books he leaned in and gave my tummy a kiss and said "My Baby." So sweet!

 


3 comments:

Katy and Mike said...

I am so glad that it went well today and that you left with some proactive measures to consider when the time is right! And Jack could not be sweeter about snuggling in with you to watch Doraa and already loving on his sister.:) Have a great week with your parents/grandma here!!:)) xoxo

Kara said...

Not a day goes by that we don't say a prayer for that sweet little baby. Give Jack a kiss from us. Thank you for keeping us all updated. We love you and miss you!
Kara and Jonathan

Kayt said...

Awww, sweet sweet Jack. I've had to stop taking Soren to my midwife appointments because he screams when they take my blood pressure, I can't imagine that he would cuddle with me during any sort of procedure! Hugs to you guys!