Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Two Months

Today was one of those days. A beautiful day, an accomplished day, a fun day with our son, Rufus received an A+ at the vet, and Sophia's 2 month birthday. It can catch you in an instant, and linger forever, and I honestly cherish that. Being able to be sad, able to remember, able to conjure up those emotions that were so heartbreaking, yet now bring a feeling of comfort as we remember out little girl. I fear as time continues to pass, her short time with the three of us will feel even shorter, a flash of a memory. Simply, that makes me cry. Alli and I are fortunate that we were blessed with so many gifts to remember her by, and as we continue to look back we can hold on to every moment of the short, precious, beautiful life of our baby girl Sophia.

We have also begun to take steps to help us through our grief. We have recently started attending an infant loss support group with parents who are also living with this great loss. It has been very helpful for us to be able to continue to share Sophia's story and also listen and support others as they share with us. In October we are heading to Faiths Lodge(www.faithslodge.org), a retreat for families who have children who are sick or those who have lost a child. It has been highly recommended and we are looking forward to it. FL is a non-profit organization, and their big event is approaching on the 26th which is "Hope Rocks" all proceeds benefit the lodge. Should be a great night for a great cause.

Keeping busy has been helpful for Alli and I and we can actually thank Jack mostly for that. However, on nights like this, and from time to time its nice to slow down and remember our little girl. It isn't always easy, of course sad, but its important to us. We miss her dearly. A day does not go by that I don't wish I was heading to the hospital or even home to see our little girl, in Mommy's arms, playing with Jack... Its hard to think about what could of been. But, as hard as that is, it keeps her in our thoughts and fills our hearts.

Happy 2 month Sophia, we love you and miss you dearly.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

We love you...

Kim, Cory & Tommy

Kathy said...

you are keeping Sophia's beautiful memory alive... We love you.

Kathy, Rob, and Scarlet

emily griffith said...

Thinking of you on milestone days, like 2 month birthdays, and all the days in between. Sending much love.

Jessica Hoida said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jessica Hoida said...

Thinking of you guys and keeping you in my prayers. I think you are at Faith's Lodge this weekend. I hope it's wonderful for you.

Anonymous said...

To Mrs.Lenmark & Family -

This is one of your former students,(Olivia)Libby Hintzen, I hope you can remember me from the 7th & 8th grade. I came across you're blog as I have my own & I was looking around and saw a bunch of different blogs and came across your name and I knew it sounded familar to me. Words do not decribe how sorry I am for you & your familys loss of you're beautiful baby girl. As I read along, it just touched my heart on what had happened. I just wanted to write you a comment to not only send my thoughts to you but also to say "hi" & I hope all is doing great for you & your family. God bless you all, stay strong, & please take care. Again, I am so terribily sorry for your loss.

Alli ~ if you have any time or wanted to E-mail me, I'd love to hear from you & would love to know how you're doing. Thank you so much. My E-mail is: Olivia.Hintzen@gmail.com

Sincerly,
Libby Hintzen